In celebration of his now legendary input over the years, Roger Becker (RGB) who retired in January following 44 years of service, will have a series of Lotus Elise and Lotus Exige sports cars in bespoke RGB Special Edition specification produced and set for release from September 2010.
The Elise SC and Exige S RGB Special Editions will both be specified to a high level with Sports and Touring packs as standard. The Elise SC RGB Special Edition has a supercharged 217 hp (220 ps) 1.8 litre engine which blesses it with a 0-60 mph time of 4.3 seconds (0-100kmh in 4.6 seconds). The Lotus Exige S RGB Special Edition uses the range topping 257 (260 ps) supercharged and intercooled 1.8 litre engine which endows it with a 0-60 mph in around 4 seconds and a phenomenal aerodynamic downforce figure of 92.5 lbs (42 kg) at 100 mph (160 kmh).
Both the Elise SC and the Exige S RGB Special Editions are available in four colours, Aspen White, Starlight Black, Solar Yellow & Carbon Grey and each one is identified by a numbered interior plaque, Roger Becker’s signature on the side of the bodywork and special monochrome Lotus nose badge.
At the end of 2010, production of the European versions of the Elise R and SC and the Exige S and Cup 260, which use the 1.8 litre 2ZZ VVTL-i engines supplied by Toyota, will finish due to changes in legislation and the introduction of “Euro 5” Type Approval which does not apply to these cars. Production of the Elise R and SC and the Exige S and Cup 260 will, however, continue for all other markets.
The new, super efficient 2011 Model Year Lotus Elise, introduced to the market earlier this year, will continue for all markets where it is sold including Europe.
The Lotus Exige S RGB Special Edition in more detail:
• Standard Features
• 257 hp (260 ps) Supercharged 2ZZ 1.8 engine
• Lotus ultra lightweight forged alloy wheels
• Performance pack
• Sport pack
• Touring pack
• Four paint colours – Aspen White, Starlight Black, Solar Yellow & Carbon Grey
• Roger Becker signature on rear of car
• Roger Becker numbered plaque
• Monochrome Lotus badges
• Structural shear panel which gives increases lateral stiffness to the rear subframe by 30%
• Air conditioning
• Recommended Retail Price:
• Euro Zone: € 50,042 (excluding regional taxes)
• Official European Combined Cycle = 8.5 litres / 100 km (33.2 mpg)
• Official European Extra Urban Cycle = 6.5 litres/100 km (43.5 mpg)
• Official European Urban Cycle = 11.9 litre/100 km (23.7 mpg)
• 199 g/km of CO2
eine Alternative zum Artega GT?
1 Beitrag •Seite 1 von 1